Advocacy in Action
Advocacy in Action calls are held at 10 a.m. on the second Monday of each month and are a no-cost, monthly member benefit where members are invited to check in with LeadingAge Ohio advocacy staff and member advocates on the latest policy news from Columbus. You can join these calls by adding this re-occurring invite to your outlook calendar.
Advocacy in Action Recordings
Check out this 2020 Election Recap Recording facilitated by LeadingAge Ohio legislative counsel David Paragas and Bridget McAuliffe of Barnes & Thornburg to gain an in-depth understanding of the election results, including which districts flipped, freshmen legislators we’ll be working with in the new year, and what the election results mean for the upcoming budget process.
Issue briefs and reports
LeadingAge Ohio provides a number of quality resources to help members prepare for meetings with policymakers and local leaders. Check out the resources below.
Ohio is home to the sixth largest population of older adults in the country. Aging 101 provides an overview of aging, services, and supports in Ohio. It outlines the current and future state of aging in Ohio; provides information regarding long-term care, post-acute care and additional supports and payment models; and discusses varying careers and workforce solutions within the field.
Check out the Aging 101 report here.
In 2016, LeadingAge Ohio partnered with a group of associations to survey over 500 post-acute care providers on their workforce challenges.
Check out the Workforce Survey Report here.
‘The Aging Advocate’ legislative newsletter
Each month, LeadingAge Ohio shares its legislative newsletter, ‘The Aging Advocate’, with Ohio state legislators, administration official, and the media. This publication is designed to communicate what's going on in the world of aging and give viewers a peek at LeadingAge Ohio's 400+ members around the state.
LeadingAge Ohio staff offer testimony on various issues impacting our members and the Ohioans they serve daily. From reimbursement rates for services across the continuum to the impact legislation can have on an individual in the final phase of his/her life, LeadingAge Ohio advocates for each and every Ohioan allowing your voice to be heard. Copies of testimonies are highlighted below.
Political Action Committee
Projects & Partnerships
Director of Strategic Communications
- Serves as lead member communications and media strategist for key association initiatives
- Oversees digital strategy, including websites, newsletters and social media channels
- Provides strategic direction for communicating organizational goals and achievements to members, partners, policy makers and the media
- Serves as primary contact for media inquiries
- Staff liaison to Communications/PR committee
Susan Wallace, MSW, LSW
Chief Policy Officer
- Primary contact for policy priority development, advocacy and legislative affairs
- Staff liaison to Advocacy Committee, Adult Day Subcommittee, Home Health, Hospice & HCBS Subcommittee, Housing Subcommittee, Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Facility/Assisted Living Subcommittee